■ Talent Cultivation and Development
Cultivation Program for Transformation
Amid the rapid changes in the global industry and economic
environment, E.SUN has set strategic goals for the next decade,
and cultivated key talents through a strategic talent cultivation plan to support
the company's steady progress towards
sustainable operation. In 2022, E.SUN adjusted the focus of its "ESG Sustainable
Finance" and "Technology Empowerment"
Cultivation Program and enhanced the overall training effectiveness, helping E.SUN
move towards its target vision:
ESG Sustainable Finance Cultivation
Coverage ratio 100%
Convey sustainable culture thinking
ESG sustainable development is a crucial strategic
goal for E.SUN in its fourth decade. The principle
of Growing the talent before growing the business
guides E.SUN integrated ESG elements into a wellrounded
talent development system.
We also have relevant departments, such as the
Green Finance Department, Sustainable Finance
Department, and ESG Group of E.SUN FHC to
serve as course instructors, leading employees
to continually focus on ESG issues and jointly
implement corporate sustainability responsibilities.
All E.SUN employees
- Cultivation Direction：
In addition to general knowledge, many ESG-themed courses are
incorporated into various
training programs, inviting internal and external experts, and
entrepreneurs involved in
sustainability initiatives to share relevant issues. Furthermore,
through activities such as
tree planting, beach cleaning, and hiking, employees have the
opportunity to participate in
and implement sustainability firsthand.
Becoming the Best Partner for Corporate Sustainability Transformation -
E.SUN collaborates with like-minded corporate partners to launch the
"E.SUN ESG Sustainability Initiative," with the Corporate Banking RM
Team playing a vital role in companies' ESG development journey.
Through various training methods and content, E.SUN systematically
cultivates the RM Team's understanding of ESG market and
international sustainable development trends, assisting enterprises
in developing E.SUN ESG-related operations and becoming the best
partner for Taiwan's corporate sustainability transformation.
Corporate Banking Division, RM Teams
- Cultivation Direction：
To cultivate sustainable talents and enhance overall ESG expertise,
E.SUN arranges relevant content education and training for all stages
of the corporate banking career path. Subjects include global ESG
development trends, domestic and foreign sustainable finance
regulations, major international ESG evaluation institutions, industry
ESG development overview, sustainability reports, ISO certification,
carbon footprint, and sustainability-linked loans, and so on.
Sustainable Finance Manager Training Program
Aiming to become a netzero emission bank by 2050,
E.SUN systematically establishs a sustainable talent
development system, nurturing more seeds for sustainable
transformation, and making E.SUN a benchmark enterprise
E.SUN practitioners with high relevance to their business
scope and ESG.
- Cultivation Direction：
The course is co-designed by the "Taiwan Sustainable
Energy Research Foundation" and E.SUN, and features
top scholars and experts as lecturers. The content covers
introduction to sustainable finance, climate change
and sustainable supply chain management, etc. A total
of 15 courses are planned, and a verification test is
arranged after the class. In 2022, a total of 73 colleagues
participated, and finally all members passed the test and
became "Sustainable Financial Managers"
Business benefits and effectiveness
of cultivation programs
E.SUN continues to pay attention
to sustainable trends and
customer needs, integrating ESG
with business development. For
example: Encourage customers to
set sustainable goals and commit
to Sustainable Linked Loan (ESG
Linked Loan), Invest in various
types of renewable energy project
financing, assist customers in issuing
sustainable development bonds,
etc., and increase the proportion
of sustainable credit in the overall
corporate loan volume year after
year, successfully creating a positive
cycle of sustainability and business
ESG Sustainable Finance Cultivation
Program- Cultivation Outcomes
|Number of training course participants
in volunteer activities
|Staff turnover rate(Corporate Banking Positions)
|L4 Results(NT$ M)
|Loans to ESG industries
|Total sustainable loans
|Profit / training course related costs
■ Talent Attraction and Retention
E.SUN carefully selects a group of like-minded partners. We actively invest
resources in recruiting outstanding and potential talents, and are committed to
making E.SUN the second home for employees by providing a competitive salary
and welfare system that meets the needs of colleagues, so as to attract and retain
the most suitable talents to build a hopeful future together.
■ Diverse welfare and employee care
- Providing complete, comprehensive, and diverse welfare and employee care measures and established a solid talent foundation and a harmonious workplace environment.
- Combining the concept of sustainable environmental management, we create an eco-friendly, innovative technology, and artistic atmosphere in the office space while considering the flexibility and creativity of interactions among colleagues.
- Actively promote a variety of health and leisure activities to encourage physical and mental well-being and work-life balance.
- Organizing "E.SUN Peak" events, which is teaming up to climb the highest mountain "Mt.Jade" in Taiwan, to inspire colleagues to challenge and overcome obstacles together with their team members in adversity.
- Encouraging childbirth by providing better-than-legally-required maternity leave (63 days), parental leave (8 days), pregnancy checkup accompaniment and paternity leave (8 days), and baby care leave (3 years), as well as establishing the "E.SUN Baby Development Fund", which not only encouraged employees to have children, but also had the effect of inducing other enterprises to emulate, thereby generating greater social influence.
- Aside from labor insurance and health insurance, E.SUN also provides life insurance, accident insurance, and critical illness insurance. Insurance premiums of an employee and his/her spouse and children are fully born by E.SUN; insurances for parents may be purchased at the employee's expense.
- In 2022, E.SUN won the prestigious "Asia's Best Employer" and "WeCare Best Employee Care" awards from the benchmark Asian talent magazine 《HR Asia》 and was the only financial holding company to win the Work-Life Balance Award.
- Quality mentor program
- Office spaces focused on safety, comfort, peopleoriented, technologically-smart, and artistic aesthetics
- Multiple working hours, flexible working hours, parttime working option and work from home
- Employee mess hall, parking lot, gym
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, supporting gender equality and safeguarding the rights and interests of individuals with disabilities and indigenous people
- Marriage / childbirth subsidies, NT$100,000 in E.SUN Baby Development Fund
- E.SUN handbook for new mothers, breastfeeding seminars for expecting mothers
- Paid maternity / paternity leave superior to statutory requirements
- Marriage related information forum
- Breastfeeding room, pregnancy clothes and child supplies sharing platform
- Employee savings and employee loans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) psychological counseling services
- Expanding group insurance coverage scope and improving protection for employees and their families against specific risks
- Healthy weight loss programs, on-site flu vaccination stations
- Diversified health lectures, health check subsidies
- Hiking and cycling around Taiwan
- Social club activities (table tennis, badminton, aerobics classes and so on)
- Mother / father's day cards and monetary
- E.SUN Choir and Concert for Mothers
- Child education subsidies, Outstanding children's award and E.SUN family care
- Special offers on children's foreign language learning activities
- Chinese New Year accommodation for employees and spouses
- Offer unpaid leave superior to legal requirements
- Music concerts (Vienna Boys' Choir, Mayday) and artistic events (E.SUN Awards: artists painting Yushan (Mt.Jade) for the celebrations for the 30th anniversary of E.SUN)
■ Comprehensive retirement protection
- For those subject to the "Labor Standards Act", E.SUN allocates retirement
reserves ranging from 2%-15% of employee salaries to Taiwan Bank's special
accounts on a monthly basis, all of which are fully allocated.
- For those whose employment started on July 1, 2005 or opted for the new pension
system, E.SUN allocates a 6% monthly pension according to the law.
- Pension for overseas employees is subject to local laws and regulations.
- To reward employees with outstanding performance, retirement bonuses in addition
to pension may be provided according to their work performance or special
- To encourage early retirement planning, E.SUN has established the employee
savings association stocktrust. Employees who have passed probation are free to
join the association, and the company contributes incentive bonuses thrice each
- Provide retirement trust projects exclusively for E.SUN employees, encouraging
them to plan asset allocation early on to ensure their retirement lives.
■ Recruiting a Diverse Pool of Professionals and International Talents
Countries, industries and enterprises all need outstanding talents to generate
momentum for innovation and progress. E.SUN has been deeply committed to
nurturing Taiwan's financial, technological and cross-border professionals, and has
actively dedicated to ESG field and cultivating international talents by
with industrial partners, governments, academia, and research institutions in order
to work toward the goal of being the international finance-leader.
Collaboration with Industries and Academia
|ACT Dreamer Project -ESG influence project
|Through courses and coaching, E.SUN collaborated
with students on proposal and practice for ESG project
in order to cultivate students to be world citizens whom
are not only innovative but also are concerned about
|In 2022, E.SUN coached 8 groups (34 students)
making proposals, selecting 2 groups
as the representation of the bank for the final competition. Among those
students also participated in the summer intern program of the year.
|E.SUN AI Open Challenge
|Upholding the idea of "enterprise members name
issues and participants solve the problems", since 2019,
we have been holding the Artificial Intelligence Open
Challenge, at which invited AI professionals to solve
real financial problems with AI, thereby finding a better
solution to sophisticated fin-tech decision-making.
|This competitions participated by a total of 684
teams of 1,250 professionals in 2022.
So far, we have hosted 8 competitions, which were participated by more
than 10,000 AI
professionals from 6,327 teams.
|E.SUN International Talent Cultivating Program
|E.SUN signed a memorandum of understanding with
International Cooperation and Development Fund in Q4,
2021 to nurture diversifiable international talents. The
bank promoted finance courses in 2022.
|The bank collaborated with the International
Cooperation and Development Fund in
order to promote training programs for foreign students. There were 13
students participating in this program and one of them became the bank's
associate after graduation.
|College of Global Banking and Finance
|E.SUN collaborated with governments to nurture
excellent international finance talents by becoming one
of joint contributions of National Chengchi University and
National Sun Yat-Sen University.
|In 2022, E.SUN has recommended 9 employees
participated in the courses of Global
Banking and Finance in National Chengchi University, and National Sun
University, and has sponsored NT$ 10 millions for these 2 universities.
|E.SUN provides students aspiring to work in the
industry with internship programs during each semester
and summer/winter vacations to help them establish the
right work attitude and improve their adaptability and
|Interns of financial profession
They include interns at the sections of financial services, wealth
corporate banking; there were 190 students in 2022, 885 interns have
Summer Internship program
There were 26 students participated in this program in 2022, and 252
interns have been accumulated since 2011.
Interns of fintech professions
To facilitate digital transformation, we actively cultivate and recruit
talents having information and digital skills. There were a total of 6
2021, and 38 interns have been accumulated since 2019.
|Cultivating talents in financial, technological,
humanity, and nursing fields, and those from countries
of ASEAN, through sponsoring on campus activities,
financial courses and scholarship, and in so doing
leave a nice impression on the staff and students of
Distributed NT$ 960 thousands in 2022 to students from National Taiwan
University, National ChengchiUniversity, and National Sun Yat-Sen
In 2022, we awarded E.SUN Talents Scholarship to 36 students,
distributed NT$4.7 million.
- Nurturing outstanding management personnel Scholarship to 21
6 students; Technology: 5 students; Humanities:5 students; Inspirational
role model: 5
- Nursing Talent Scholarship to 8 students
- E.SUN ASEAN Scholarship to 7 students
|E.SUN AI and FinTech R&D Center
|E.SUN has been committed to applying AI
to various scenarios. Through the close collaboration
between academia and the industry, results of
research were successfully put to practical use
and have thus enabled us to provide great financial
services in fields such as risk control, operations, and
|We established E.SUN AI and FinTech R&D Center
with National Yang Ming Chiao Tung
University in 2018, and AI and FinTech R&D Center with National Taiwan
in 2019, and worked on projects under the name of Academia Sinica X
R&D Center with Academia Sinica in 2020. In 2022, we conducted 14
professors, including refining appraisal of real estate predictive
speech recognition and comprehension in AI customer service, and
technologies and models to apply operations in E.SUN.
International Talents' Attraction and
|2022 E.SUN International Talent
|Selecting foreign students studying in
Taiwan to participate in English finance
lectures designed by E.SUN so as to
enable those students to understand the
ecosystem and development of Taiwan
|13 international students
joined this program, including
students from Vietnam,
Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand,
Honduras, Haiti, Saint Lucia,
|E.SUN ASEAN Scholarship
|Encouraging outstanding ASEAN talents
to study in Taiwan, and cultivating
them with international expertise and
capabilities. Inviting those scholarship
winners to join E.SUN charity events.
|There were 7 scholarship
winners in 2022. E.SUN has
cultivated 33 students who
are from Vietnam, Thailand,
Myanmar, Cambodia, etc.
|Staffing of international talents
|In response to the wave of
internationalization, E.SUN has
increased the hiring numbers of
international talents since 2022 to
strengthen the bilingual financial service
in the banking system in Taiwan.
|Since 2020, E.SUN has
recruited 12 foreign talents
from Japan, Germany,
France, Malaysia, Myanmar,
Cambodia, Vietnam, etc.
Foreign management associates experience
■ Employee Care and Friendly Workplace Environment
E.SUN endeavors to build a happy and harmonious workplace that embraces
friendliness. We optimize employee health care and workplace safety measures every
year by attaching importance to workplace safety, by implementing hazards
identification, and by assessing risks, so as to reduce potentially hazardous
incidents and concerns. Meanwhile, we provide diverse health promotion activities
and maintain the physical and mental health of employees. By uniting employees and
family members, E.SUN hopes to become the strongest support for furthering
colleagues' careers, and to become a happy enterprise that feels like a second home.
Occupational health and safety management system
In 2018, E.SUN became the first financial institution in Taiwan to pass the ISO45001
certification, which applied to all employees and contractors. We renewed the
certificate in 2021 upon its expiration date. In 2022, we further passed the TOSHMS
certification, and in 2023, the scope of verification will be extended to the newly
established second headquarters building. Hazards identification and risk assessment
are discussed and implemented jointly by occupational safety personnel and the
representative of each department every year. The operation that was evaluated a
high-risk operation for 2022 was "Commute/Go outside to visit customers". As so,
traffic safety training was given at the on-job occupational safety training in that
year. When an occupational hazard other than a traffic accident occurs, the
occupational safety leader will assemble related personnel and jointly investigate
the occupational hazard, and will propose countermeasures. By introducing systems
and implementing the PDCA method, workplace safety is improved. The number of
occupational injuries during working hours are effectively controlled, and the
frequency and severity rate of disabling injuries in the past three years has
remained stable. This clearly shows that improvement measures have a positive effect
on employee safety.
■ Equal Work, Equal Pay; Diverse Communication Channels
Gender equality policies
E.SUN's remuneration policy is based on the duties of employees and
complies with labor laws and regulations, including the Republic of
China Labor Standards Act, Act of Gender Equality in Employment, and
Employment Service Act. Salary standards are not differentiated due to
gender. In 2022, the difference between the annual remuneration of men
and women of the same salary grade in Taiwan was insignificant. The
average monthly salary of general male and female employees in Taiwan
is twice the basic salary of Taiwan.
|Female / male remuneration ratio in Taiwan in 2022 (
Female ：Male )
Note1: The male/female remuneration
ratio may differ slightly due to the number of (3) Employee Assistance Programs
provide counseling services.
individuals and personal performance.
Note2: Subjects included in this salary statistics table are full-time employees
who have worked in E.SUN for no less than 1 year.
Embracing Gender Diversity
E.SUN has been long-term dedicated to promoting gender equality
in the workplace, listening to diverse voices and suggestions, and
actively supporting and protecting the freedom and rights of same-sex
marriage, to ensure that employees and their same-sex spouses enjoy
the same benefits, and is committed to creating a workplace free of
discrimination. Since same-sex marriage became legalized in Taiwan,
E.SUN has provided benefits and marriage subsidies to same-sex
married employees, along with equal blessings. With the changing trends
in social equality laws, E.SUN keeps pace with the times and implements
Taiwan's national policy on gender equality by setting up gender-friendly
restrooms in each of buildings. These restrooms provide convenient,
secure, private, and fair facilities catering to the needs of people of
Sexual harassment prevention
To provide a safer workplace for employees, E.SUN focuses on workplace equality
and gender equality protection, establishing the "Guidelines for the
of Gender Equality Committee for E.SUN FHC and its Subsidiaries" and "Rules and
for Sexual Harassment Prevention, Complaint and Punishment of E.SUN FHC and Its
Subsidiaries" to clearly regulate complaint channels, complaint methods,
investigation and review principles and penalties, and has announced the above
the intranet. E.SUN has formulated a Sexual Harassment Complaints Review
The chairman is Vice President or above, the committee is consisting of 9
members, and the proportion of female members is more than one-half. The
a sexual harassment complaint incident shall commence within 7 days from the
complaint was filed or referral was made to the Complaints Review Committee, and
completed within 2 months. In addition, E.SUN provides various channels for
voice their concerns and seek assistance when needed:
(1) Dedicated sexual harassment complaint channels, including a hotline, fax
gender equality complaint mailbox.
(2) The Sexual Harassment Complaints Review Committee conducts investigations
on objectivity, fairness, and professionalism, and imposes appropriate
according to the evaluation results.
(3) Employee Assistance Programs provide counseling services.
■ Employee communication channels
E.SUN has always upheld the importance of paying attention to and listening to the
voices of employees.
E.SUN encourages employees to join the trade union and guarantees the freedom of
employees; in 2022, the proportion of employees joining the trade union was 14.05%.
A total of 4 labormanagement
meetings were held to discuss 10 topics, including workdays and holidays, special
regulations, overtime procedures, flexible working hours, etc. The above-mentioned
agreement applies to 100% of all employees, but no group agreement signed. E.SUN
established a "CHRO
Mailbox", "Employee opinion reflection/ reporting section" and "E.SUN employees
message board" to better
understand the concerns of employees and listen to their suggestions and voices.
Including queries and
suggestions respecting diverse issues such as pandemic control measures,personnel
welfare, leader management.
Results achieved through diverse communication
|Number of applications
|A special section for employee
opinion reflection Including the
mentorship mailbox; the reporting
mailbox; and the complaint mailbox
for gender equality issues and
|E.SUN employees message board
■ 2022 Employee engagement survey
- Target:All Employees
- Purpose：To understand employees' feedback regarding the long-term development of
and plan subsequent improvement measures to address important proposals or
- Topics：Commitment to organization, career development, remuneration, performance
management, satisfaction with human resource systems, etc.
- Response rate：88.4%
- Engagement score：84.98%
- Survey result：
(1) E.SUN communicates organizational development strategies with employees
knowledge sharing seminars, and sends out surveys afterwards to understand
job satisfaction, identification with the organization, and suggestions.
(2) In 2022, due to interest rate hikes and market fluctuations, profits are not
as good as
in the past, which will affect some employees' variable compensation.
implementation of the new assessment system has expanded the difference in
compensation, and the comprehensive internal and external factors are reflected
results of the engagement survey. After the investigation, E.SUN formulated the
improvement and held a company-wide opinion exchange meeting to directly respond
- Improvement measures:
(1) Continue to benchmark the performance system of international benchmark
improve the transparency of performance evaluation, and give colleagues instant
Communication, specific feedback and coaching.
(2) Expand the difference in rewards according to job responsibilities and
can better motivate those who perform well.
(3) In response to the interest rate hike cycle, in order to meet the needs of
employees to buy
houses, the interest rate on employee mortgages has been reduced.
Employee engagement rate
Note: In 2020, employee engagement age categories are
divided into below 30 years old, 31-50
years old, and above 51 years old.